Thursday, February 7, 2013

Procraftinating!


Hi. My name is Dana and I am a procraftinator. 

Wow. For the first time in my life I feel like I found the introduction that perfectly describes my life right now! :) Yes, I'm a Mom, a Wife, A Teacher, An Etsy-Shop owner....... but of all the roles I play in life, procraftinator is probably the best description of my day to day life right now. 

My New Years Resolution this year was to try to do better with keeping the house in order..... in the fall when my shop exploded with sales, I often would let it get too far out of control. You know the point.... just past the point where you can easily rush around and clean up the mess between the time your husband calls to say he's leaving work and the time he arrives home..... Instead I would craft until the very last second and he would walk in to what could only be best described as Kansas after the tornado! After a few days in a row, it was just too overwhelming to tackle so I would continue to let it go.

New Year, New Rules. Now I do not allow myself to scroll through Pinterest or sit down with my Silhouette machine until AFTER I have done the laundry and straightened up one room in the house. This way I can feel a lot less guilty about the procraftinating that will occur that rest of that day. 

So far so good..... I haven't forgotten to pick my daughter up at school..... yet. It is only February! ;)

1 comment:

  1. I like your new rules. I thought I was the only one who had those rules. It's hard to stick to them. But I tell myself I'm not allowed to check Etsy in the morning until after the dishwasher is unloaded and breakfast is cleaned up. I should prob add in vacuuming and cleaning the bathrooms on certain days. Hey, it's a work in progress!

    ReplyDelete