Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Parties! 6 Year Old Bowling!

One of the things I love most about 5/6 year olds is how much they know what they love! This week I worked on a special birthday party for my friend's daughter who is turning 6. She called me a few weeks back and said, unsurprisingly, that there was really no great bowling party goods out there for her party. (I say unsurprisingly because in the past few years I feel like party goods in general have gone downhill and it is nearly impossible to find things in good themes!)

So we chatted for a while and I started dreaming up awesome ideas for her party. We decided to do a t-shirt with a small "pocket" design on the front and large design on the back. Thanks to my talented cousin, I made her matching hair bows with bowling pin centers. And for party favors, my favorite little water bottles with personalized bowling pins for each of the party guests! 

A few of my favorite things about them.... I LOVE the bowling pins, which I purposely put 6 of (even though no one will notice but me!) I also "bling-ed" them up a bit with glitter stripes on each of them, and a glitter-ed bowling ball. I think my most favorite part is this fun, retro-looking font. To me it looks like what you would see on an old bowling sign from the 50's! 

Super fun party to help with, I can't wait to hear how much the birthday girl loves her new stuff! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment